Who is Usain Bolt?
Usain St. Leo Bolt was born on August 21, 1986 in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Bolt is a world famous Jamaican sprinter and has won gold medals for the 100m and 200m dash in the Olympic Games. Bolt is now titled the greatest sprinter of all time.
How did Bolt’s career start?
Bolt first excelled in cricket during his preteen years. Later he developed a liking for the European football teams Manchester United and Real Madrid. Bolt’s school coaches saw potential for track and field and convinced Bolt to join.
What are Bolt’s Accomplishments?
- In 2002 at age 15, Bolt became a track prodigy in the world junior championships after winning gold for the 200m dash in front of 36,000 people.
- At age 16, Bolt cut the 200m world record to 20.13 sec.
- At age 17, Bolt ran the 200m in 19.93 seconds becoming the first teen to break 20 seconds in the race.
- In 2007, Bolt earned a silver medal at the world championships.
- Bolt convinced his coach to let him run the 100m and finished the race in 10.03 seconds.
- On May 3rd 2008, Bolt beat his personal record with a time of 9.76 seconds.
- In 2013, Bolt won 3 gold medals at the world championships. (100m, 200m, and 4 x 100m relay)
- In 2015, Bolt once again won 3 gold medals for his signature events.
Bolt has now claimed his title as the greatest sprinter in history. Bolt has conquered many injuries, but at the same time claimed many victories in his signature events – the 100m, 200m, and 4 x 100m relay.