Halloween this year may be a bit different than what we’re used to due to COVID-19. So to make this holiday come alive, you can celebrate it at home with these three great do-it-yourself treats!
Haunted Halloween Bark
So we have all heard of peppermint bark for Christmas, but have you heard of haunted Halloween bark for Halloween? This treat is so fun and easy to make, and it even allows you to give it your own twist of creativity! Here’s what you’ll need…
- 2 cups white chocolate chopped up (I recommend candy melts)
- 1 drop of orange food coloring
- 1 drop of purple food coloring
- 1 drop of black food coloring
- Assorted Halloween sprinkles (optional)
- Grab your favorite brand of white chocolate and chop it up into small pieces.
- Once this is done you will now put your chopped up white chocolate into a heat proof bowl and put it into a pot of boiling water. This is called the double boiler method. Stir your chocolate until it’s completely melted.
- After your chocolate is completely melted, take it off the heat.
- You will now line a baking sheet with parchment paper and you can finally pour your chocolate into it, spreading it evenly.
- Now it is time to get creative! This would be a good time to add drops of food coloring to your chocolate. You can use a toothpick or chopstick to make swirls and create a marble effect.
- This is completely optional, but if wanted you can now add your Halloween assorted sprinkles.
- Now it is time to pop your baking sheet into the fridge to let it set for 20-30 minutes.
- Once done you can now break up your chocolate into pieces and serve to your spooky guests!
This treat is a great way to put your Halloween twist on a classic cookie. Here’s what you’ll need…
- Orange Candy Melts
- Edible Googly Eyes
- White Sprinkles
- First, you will need to take your orange candy melts and place them in a heat proof bowl. Then melt them in the microwave on high for 30 second increments until fully melted. Be sure to stir the candy melts after every 30 seconds.
- Once completely melted you can now take your Oreos and hand dip them into the melted candy bowl until fully coated. Make sure to make as many Oreos as possible!
- Take your dipped Oreos and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Before the Oreos dry add your edible googly eyes and white sprinkles as teeth.
- Now pop your tray into the fridge for about 20-30 minutes until they are completely dry.
- Once they are dry you can now enjoy your Halloween themed Oreos!
This savory halloween snack is so delicious it’s scary! It’s super simple to make and only takes a few ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need…
- A 6 Pack of Hotdogs
- ¼’’ Strips of Crescent Rolls
- Edible Googly Eyes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Open your pack of hotdogs and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- You will now get out the strips of crescent rolls and wrap them around your hotdogs until it resembles a mummy.
- Once done with all six hotdogs, you can now place them in the oven to bake for 10 -12 minutes.
- This last step is totally optional but will definitely bring out your spooky spirit! You can now add two dots of ketchup or mustard to each hot dog and your edible googly eyes. Most importantly…Enjoy!
Have fun with your tasty treats this Halloween!
Photo Credit / Sources:
Halloween Candy Bark Recipe (Delish.com)
Halloween-Dipped Oreos (Cupcake Diaries)
Mummy Dogs (Homemade Interest)